View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 10:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Driven front axle options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Well here is my experience with a disconnect for the front axle. I have a dump truck with a TLT for a front axle and an RC4WD 3 speed. The 3 speed is only rear output in 2nd and 3rd gear. In first gear it engages the front axle. Steering with a load sucks in 2nd and 3rd with having to push the front axle around turning the diff and drive shaft (this is where the disconnect in the axle would come in handy like Small Haul mentioned). So I find myself driving around in first most of the time. From then on after building that truck I just made them full time all-wheel drive.
Agree on all accounts and good informative post. That is cool that the rc4wd 3 speed disconnects the front axle in first. Do you think it is as strong as the stock tamiya trans?

I guess a compromise would be a disconnect trans or transfer case and a lockable front axle.

Does anyone have first hand experience with the lockable Lesu front axle? Is it durable and function well?

"No load is too Small"