Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Howdy!!!

Well another day gone to modeling. Today I got a lot done. The problem is I am running out of cheap things to do... I almost have all the styrene work done.

I have the hood to finish and then the running boards and rear fenders, but can't do that till I have some suspension..

Well to day I built the whale tail, both boxes, mocked up some fuel tanks out of a paper towel roll and hung them with the stock tank hangers Rick (Rouge) gave me. The funny thing is a paper towel roll is exactly the size I need.. Except to short. I cut it in two and got 5.5" tanks and I need 8" tanks. Or probably some 5" fuel tanks and 3" water tanks.

The light bars I will be making are 1/4" so I built the boxes so they hang 3/8" below the bottom edge of the sleeper.

The boxes are built so that they will be flush with the side of the house...
I was thinking of making them open but I really don't want the un-sightly hinges messing up the view. I will probably cover these with the Parma Chrome.. or I might get them made out of billet. I plan on mounting the switches in the left box so I did not build a back on them.

-Mike