Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

I had a Brain storm, or at least I think I did. Hopefully when I tell ya what it is then it won't end up being a Brain Fart...

I went to a couple sites that were furnished by Steve on another thread. The site had all sorts of servos.

Looking at the sizes and what Nate told me. I found a place to put the servo for the steering that would be completely trick....

BUT I have to ask questions because I have not got a clue at all about the RC part of this...Give me a train and DCC and I can do anything with it.. RC.... Not yet!!

So my first question is.. Can you extend the shaft from the servo to the part that the steering link would connect to?

Here is my idea.. If I can extend the shaft, and with the size of the servos. The best coolest place to put the servo would be Ready for this...

Inside the engine.

The hole for the stand that the engine comes on would be a perfect place to put the thing through. I think just from eye-balling it it should be just slightly forward of the axle.

So will this work, can it be done. I figure I will have to extend the shaft on the servo by about 1/2" max...

Any and all comments and help please...

-Mike