Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Hi Gent's,

Ok well I had to play some more to day.

I decided I did not want to lose any of the details from the engine, like the oil filter ect. But at the same time I wanted, and needed, the engine to be lower in the frame, thus the reason for turning the oil pan.

I accomplished this by notching out the frame, not like some have done where they just notch out for the oil filter. That would not have been enough to get the engine low enough in the frame.

I was not sure it was going to work so rather than screw up my new rails, I used some stock ones that I got from Semi Joe.(Thanks Joe)

I then made the front motor mount like they real things.

This got the motor sitting right where I want it. I just hope it will clear the axle... If anyone with a stock height KH could measure from the bottom of the frame to the top of the axle and let me know what it is, I would appreciate it. I am sitting 1 1/32 from the bottom of the frame to the drain plug, which is the lowest point that could interfere.

NOW FOR SOME REAL DETAIL

Well someone, I think it was Paul, mentioned the detail I was putting into this truck. I made the comment back that he had not seen anything yet..

Well maybe the following will show the level I am going for. I have seen a bunch of pics of these trucks with this engine in it but I have yet to see one with this kind of detail... Oh ya and this is JUST the start. Still to come a Radiator, Air-to-Air cooler with all appropriate plumbing, Engine Fan with fan belt.

Notice that there is now only one turbo.... None of that Acert crap... This is a real C15 polluting, fuel guzzling, hill climbing Kitty Cat....

The detail I plan on putting in here is the main reason why I added the inch to the hood originally, Well that did not work out so I had to set the engine back into the cab a bit.

Judging from the pictures of Semibigrigger's install. I only moved mine back about 1/4 to 3/8 farther back than his. And he was still able to put in that full dashboard and kick panel..

Beside It will give me a place to put some chrome and some light and make it so that you can see the reflection of the back of the motor..

Stay Tuned...

-Mike