View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 02:52 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Today, I started off with the SMX Sound Module ...

Took it off the roof again and had a good look at it. Turns out the bit under the cooling plate is basically empty with the plate seemingly just sitting on one chip. I figured it made more sense then to install it with the heavier parts towards the roof.

I also took off the shrink tubing I had put on yesterday. I had tested a couple of times, but unlike Christian (Newcomer_2) I could not get the wires with the shrink tubing to go through the cable channel provided. I guess the "Made in China" tubing available here is thicker and less flexible. So ended up bundling the wires with bits of shrink tubing.

The top wire bundle is power and speaker, the middle single one is Function 3 which is not used according to the electrical plan, and the bottom bundle are the rest of the wires. (hookup esc etc)

So I tried to program it as in the Servonaut Manual ... I left the bottom bridge on the pins for the in-line 6 cylinder engine (checked MB website, and Arocs have an in-line 6 power plant), and took out the top pin to start the programming. (wanted to turn off the peep-peep when going backwards - can't stand that sound)

Didn't cut off the cable for Function 3, just tucked it under the unit in the space left there by the roof hatch.

Roof goes on with 4 M3x8 screws and some lock washers.

Then the back goes on. The little pins go in the holes provided. The wires get tucked into what will become the wiring channel.

The reason I had to take of the shrink tubing is that I couldn't get a decent bend near the roof. This way it was easier to control.

Back bolts onto the roof with 2 m3x6 and 1 M3x8 (in the middle). It bolts to each side with 2 M2x8.

The m2x8 go into these provided slots on the sides.

Continued ...