View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
looking good as usual, Steve. Looked the vid with one of my friends (who also visit Brownsville) , he has more than 20 real machines,. A question, it looks like there to little weight in the bucket, is this only a test bucket? You had a bigger one on side of machine, is that the one that will be used??
Dan
That's a smaller bucket we used because I didn't see the real problem till I got home and it was two set screws on the hoist motor shaft came loose and you can't see the motor shaft spinning inside of the hoist pinion cross shaft. It used to be pressed on slightly. I couldn't pick the big bucket up empty. After 6yrs I guess you find these unseen problems,after all it was only the second time this has been in the dirt actually working. It's fixed now and I wish I found the problem at the show. I think I described this problem earlier.

I'll have more pictures soon on the boom point. I just cut a piece of 3.75'' round stock this morning for the point sheave. I'll be working on the cradle that holds the point sheave tonight.