View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tournarocker Diversion Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
This machine is just too cool! The old-school 1:1 and model are both so unique they just stand out from the pack of other machines. Great job!

Ken
Thanks Ken, We had one of these (1:1) at our steam show last summer and after seeing it operate I just had to do a conversion on one of these vintage toys.
Scott, (SmallHaul) caught it on video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Looks & works pretty good Steve. Quite an unique toy conversion.

Looking forward to seeing this thing run around the dirt pile. How much dirt does it hold, like a gallon sized ice cream pail?
I hope the stock tires perform. I may opt for some 1.9 RC4x4 tires but I don't like the tread pattern. There is one with the chevron, but it doesn't look vintage enough. I should,like I said before, cast some replicas of the originals like Tom did on his triple 7 dump.
As far as capacity, I put 4- 12oz cup full of sand in the video but it will hold more if the material is wet. Here are the dimensions of the 1:1 9'-6''w x 4'-9.5'' max depth x 12'-5'' long and a capacity of 18ton. I figured the cu. in. of the bowl on the toy but I can't find my paper. This toy is really close to 1/16th scale.