View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 01:34 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: W900 Studio Sleeper Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabco View Post
I should probably also mention that with the Alclad you will not get the real bright and shiny chrome finish that looks like the chrome plating on plastic models. To my eye I think it looks much more realistic and with proper surface finish before painting is very nice. I definitely recommend some practice before trying on real parts. But if you goof it can be removed for a do-over with the cleaner.
Ive been reading 1/24-5 car and truck forums for years and if you do all the prep work before, during and after spraying with a air brush ( with it properly mixed ) Alclad comes dam close to mirror finish as I questioned a few guys on there chrome work as I though they used BMF or other chrome tape but they said no it was Alclad but takes time perfecting its use.

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.