View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 08:50 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

No, I don't have any of that fancy smancy equip Neil , kinda looks too bulky to use in this minature equipment though?

I've been working the snott out of my 850 the last couple nights this week digging a big hole in one corner of my basement. This dirt has never been disturbed and although its soaked up with all the moisture we've had again this yr, it's still very solid. I'd have a tuff time digging this with a bar & a spade.

Here's what I accomplished with one 5amp charged lipo.

And here's last night's one lipo pack.

The 5amp lipo lasts about 45 minutes. I have a variety of ways that I can run my hyd pump, it's on a 3pos switch:
down is off
middle about 3/4 throttle
up is full throttle
turn the mix on with pump 3pos off, all three valves activated together will make the pump run near full throttle
mix on, 3pos in the middle, pumps runs near full throttle with one valve activated, two & it goes to full
mix on, 3pos up, pump runs full throttle

Digging like I am in this hole, 3pos in the middle with mix off. Getting near the end of the charge and the voltage starting to drop off, 3pos up.

3pos in the middle, pressure is about 20-22bar
3pos up, pressure is about 24 bar

I don't see a need to increase the pressure anymore than that, its plenty of power to dig hard, sticky soil. I haven't experience any leaks in the soldered cyl joints yet, though I did have some sealing issues at the beginning with the barbed fittings screwed into the cyls... could've been a speck of dirt on the seal...

Everything is working good on the 850, it has gone beyond my expectations what a scale model should could ever do.

Joe