View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 01:50 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

OH YEAH! I'd be on the National News alright! ...under the file of dumbf/k redneck who literally brought the house down..... on himself! Explosives are too unpredictable, no matter how small the charge. Create an air pocket in the wrong place & the foundation is in trouble!

It's an interesting idea that I game to try Freddy, and one of these aging excavators with their worn out/broken booms would be the perfect donor for such a boring machine model. However, we'll save this idea till when I move to the barn... 36'x78' interior area and NO 500 ton roof to come crashing down. I'll be over there next winter. I have very little wall left to mine down anyway.

You bet Neil! post up the contact info & we'll see if this chap can replicate the real thing in model form & make it as effective as they claim it to be. The 850 certainly has the power to destroy the earth or the bucket.

The 3rd tooth didn't have quite the right point on it & was less effective than the 2nd tooth. DING DING new idea... use a 3" ardox nail for a replaceable point. It's cutting hard ground really well now! Carved down another 3" last night with two charged 4s 5amp lipos

And while using it, it dawned on me that I should fashion up a tube to tack to the tooth for a quick change after every batt change to keep a sharp point.