View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

"Travis & IHStevie, pay close attention to the wheel speed of the front vs back tires of the Komatsu when it's back blading from the pile at low throttle with the front axle in the air. "

I not sure what your trying to prove here if it goes to the gear motor verse diff. drive train argument . yes , it works very well from what I can see . from a model production stand point , it makes sense to use gear motors (less parts to make ) travy and I are NOT mass producing . If I were to , I'd go gear motors to . having said that , I think it's foolish to compare a personal built model to a mass produced model If you want to compare wedico to stal , you got a case thats apples to apples . Yes , I thought about it , but the need to escape from truck part making , put the brakes on that idea .

OTOH , great job on your buckets . I always said ," an excavator is worthless with a small bucket in mass excavation " I had a 4' bucket on my Cat 307 (16,000# machine) As always I enjoy watching your vids

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.