View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I did stuff some soft material (ear plug pieces cut ) into the servo shaft where there would normally be the arm screw. These tower pro servos have a hallow shaft, it could have easily wept oil into the servo that way.

Now one of the centering spring boards in the radio broke. It popped off the rocker pin before and a quick fix. I may not be the only one but sometimes when I'm prying on a rock or root I find myself pressing rather hard on the radio sticks. Yea, at least I'm not sticking my tongue out, holding my breath and rotating my body the way the excavator is moving. . Lol!!

A BFG!!!

Went to put the radio away- why???

I try to post work pics for others to see, maybe it will help someone. The track motor loosened up, the two Phillips screws removed to get to the internal screws attaching to motor. And I found a way to remove tracks painlessly, I remove the outside housing then the tensioner and wheel can be removed allowing track to be removed without removing any track pins. Only draw back is sometimes it's a trick to get the roller shafts lined up for re installation.

I was going to build my own voltage reducer circuit but found these for just a couple bucks. They are for dropping voltage to the upgrade track motors that I had problems with previously. One for each motor, rated for three amps. I really doubt the tiny brushless motors in the upgrade kit are able to sustain that for any length of time. The motor lead wires are very tiny about a pin thickness.