View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Green Horn

Trucker Al is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My big expensive disappointment

Hey Guys,
Give Tamiya a break. I am about 80% done with my build. Overall, this trailer is done very well. Yes, the vacuform panels are a pain but they look very nice when joined and painted and it makes the trailer a lot lighter. The kit goes together well and I am having a ball with it. Pictures to come.. Tamiya has to cut corners as we all do in this economy. I don't want Tamiya to go out of business.
The only problem I had is with the decals. They are very hard to put on without wrinkling. On my trailer, one side is just about perfect but the other side is unacceptable to me. I will have to get another decal sheet and a new side panel to make it right. Tip: On the large MAERSK logo label, stick the center down first and work the decal to both sides and the letters, the R and S need to be cut in the appropriate places so it won't wrinkle. Start the A in the center too. I guess panel 1 was my practice piece.
Well, back to work.

Alan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.