View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road
Default Madill 122-B Swing Yarder

Hi all,
I have been on the forums drooling on peoples amazing builds for over a year and finally got started on my own project. I really wanted to get a kh before this project for practice and for use as a scale but this should do. So around 8 years ago for my birthday I was bought this (its 1/12 scale):

I ended up making a yarder out of it by cutting the bucket off and splicing in a mainline and used some erector set pieces for a drift carriage. For the guy lines I just tied some string to the top of the tower and the other end to a stake in the ground. Well I ended up frying motors and striping gears(I don't know much about RC but where there's smoke coming from your yarder you should stop) So it sat around until today when I decided to take it apart and see what I had (cat not included):

As you can see its not very realistic but I took all the decals off, cleaned it up, took all the cheap electronics out (it was a wired controller that was starting to frey) The cab is on the wrong side and nothing is really to scale so lot of styrene work is coming my way. New motors will have to be bought and mounted somehow and build some high capacity drums and maybe small ones for guy lines. I want to make realistic tracks that will carry this thing up to the landings Of course lots of other things and i'm 16 with really no RC or scratch building experience but with lots of time but not so lots money and family in logging industry I should be fine.

This is what I want to have it end up look like:

I love these forums and I have learned so much. Thanks for looking and hope to have updates soon.