View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 05:34 AM

Erik79 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: CAT330D-L full hydraulic

Hi Rimrock,
remember that this model is loaded with weights in the undercarriage, it's 40Kg.
There are a lot of working condition in wich the excavator has a very good grip on the tracks, for example when the tracks are partially stuck in mud or soft earth. In certain condition, trust in me, this model take full advantage of this pressure and in some cases i might push it to 50bar and is not too much.
With 45bar the excavator dig quite well in constipated earth with stones and small roots.
This CAT had the bore of cylinders of 15mm, so quite small, and the forearm plus the quick bucket change plus the bucket itself lead to a long negative lever to operate.
So raising the pressure to 45bar and with my custom built forearm cylinder with 18mm of bore, it becamed well balanced.
My open center valves help to save an estimated amount of energy between 10 to 25%. The leakage is near to zero and so the amount of electrical energy wasted in heat is very low. In this model, with an environmental temperature of 20celsius, the oil never overcome 40celsius neither after 8 hours of constant work. Moreover the open center bring the current drain at a very low level when the model is in standby. Another very important thing to do during the overall setup is the optimization of the radio mixing in order to get the best compromise between autonomy, power, speed of movements, etc. Finally, the battery lasts from 2.5 to 3 hours with lights, fan, cabin display and leds, double sound module; all switched on.
To go over is very hard...

Here is a video....
http://youtu.be/T-F4kJgpII8