View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 06:47 AM

Rick.K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New to RC Trucks

My two biggest challenges right now are: 1. Getting the radio control part of the truck right, and 2. Where do people go to find good equipment and accessories.

The radio control is a matter of learning how to install and then use the r/c features since I've never done r/c before. I purchased the Tactic TTX 404 with the combo set from Tower Hobbies (and might of bought the last one from them since it is no longer offered with the combo and is listed as discontinued on their site).

As for equipment and accessories I started with Tower since they appear to be (and have been so far) very responsive and reliable, but then I see on the Forum or Youtube all of the equipment and upgrades out there and ask myself "where did all of that come from?" I found items like RCmier aluminum rims, Tamiya oil shocks, and the animal grill guard, but they are from RC Mart in Hong Kong with a US phone number, and I'm not willing to chance that when I can't find any reliable info on the company. And I'm years from fabricating parts like the amazing work on this site.

Bottom line, there is a whole lot more to this hobby than I realized. I've got pictures of my Knight build, but only on my IPad, and they are 2 meg in size. Too big. Need to move and resize them.