View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brand new f$cking trucks with TONS of problems

i need to chime in here about the new crap .our highway service contract with the post required 5 yr or newer trucks .the guys all went out and bought new trucks and have had nothing but problems with them .it is the government trying to look good to the voters that they are doing something for the environment and in reality they are not .i have an 85 kenworth w900b with a 3406b model cat motor .its original and has been rebuilt twice..once with the original owner and once so far with me .the odometer has turned over 3 times now ..over 3 million and i did an e-test(emission test) last year we have to do every 2 years depending on your readings in ontario .if it blows half or less then the maximum limit you test every 2 years if it blows bad over half the limit you test every year .my last 3 tests were 5 then 3.2 and the last one was 1.2 .my limit is 40 i service that truck better than myself regular oil changes grease and top end valve adjustments when needed and it goes to tormont cat dealer only.not the "authorized cat dealers".which makes a difference..trust me ,you spend abit more but it gets done right.my company is trying to put me on some runs that require 5 year or newer truck just to prove a point to some big wigs .my point is its not the age of the truck its the maintenance (in older trucks) unfortunately the new stuff has too much electronics and other stuff that belongs in a bldg away from the elements ..i love my old truck and its pushing 30 years old and still runs like a clock .i agree let people decide for themselves whether they want new or old .but government legislation will in the end force everyone to comply because its good for the economy to buy new and spend money ..i say i have a shovel for that thought .

Last edited by 1985 kenworth; 06-21-2013 at 10:53 PM.