View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Frankfort In toy show (not a lot of notice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
How do the Stahl and the Carson loaders compare for size and function? I see the Carson is not the hydro model so I guess it's fair to say it's not up to it's full potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
Claus, No offense taken. I just like to see something other than yellow all of the time on the construction equipment. Plus I am an armor nut

If Travis would have ran the Stahl, I could give you some answers. I think that the Carson is larger than the Stahl. I am running the Carson on a 2 cell LiPo and I believe that Travis is using a 3 cell so he gets a little more speed than I do.

It was a fun day!!
Having had my Stahl for a while now and playing with it in both dirt and the rubber it is a decent machine on 12V.

I have personally seen an all electric carson in the dirt. I ran Lynns before I painted it it and I ran woodhogs hydro version at indy when we set up the radio.

I would say the carson wins hands down in both all electric and hydro versions.

1 the carson is bigger
2 the carson is a faster and more powerful drive system on 7.2V compared to Stahl's 12V
3 the electric cylinders on the carson are close to the same speed as the Stahl. The carson hydros are faster than both. I would say due to the fitting and hose sizes being bigger than the ones on the Stahl.
4 the carson is still being made!

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11