View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCT&C Midwest FALL Meet ~ Oct. 25-26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
We're one month out now. I've got a lot of weeds to kill. I've never seen weeds grow this fast but the whole site is literally covered with 5' of weeds. Gonna spray roundup a few times and then cleanup the dead stuff with a leaf blower. If anyone has better ideas, I'm all ears.

I'm hoping to have a trommel at the event to screen material. Woodhog is working on that and it's harvest time for him so I'm not sure we'll see it.

We have 13 people that are coming with a few maybes in there.

Hotel says 15 rooms minimum for a discount rate. We're at about 6-7 rooms now.

If you cannot afford the hotel and really want to come. You're more than welcome to crash at my place. I have floor space for multiple airbeds and the fold-out couch is currently not spoken for. I make no promises you won't be accompanied with a sleeping companion that is dog-shaped. He is king of all sleeping surfaces in the house.
When I worked for a lawn care company in the past we used to spray round up, let it brown up, then we had a large propane torch to burn the weeds off, since the roots can sometimes be problematic. If you can get your hands on one they work really well, but make sure to walk backwards when using it, otherwise you might melt your shoes....