View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 04:08 PM

trewq is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Eagle Mach Excavator 1/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papy View Post
The hydraulics are very interesting. The new system features 2 check valves in the circuit. One is located on top of the main valves and the second is "hidden" in the de-dusting filter on top of the hood. This last one is used to adjust the max pressure by simply rotating the cover (no tool required), and the integrated manometer directly shows the result.
The real positive point is that the pressure in the circuit remains at a low level when no function is activated. To my knowledge, no other model manufacturer offer this advantage.
I haven't made a test "in field" now, but the equipment forces seem to be way enough for serious digging.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to tell as much as I could about this model. I hope this helps
I like your review!
Please let us know how the castings stand to use and abuse.

In regards to dual stage hydraulic system;
- exactly what I have in mind for my project - if I ever get to that stage instead just pulling the trigger on the prebuilt model.

I think that the benefits of such system are in reduced energy wasted while the hydraulic system is "idling"... I'll have to try something similar with my hydraulic parts soon.

Oh, I nearly forgot to address the weight issue.
I know that it is very hard to pull a loaded trailer. 27kg, I bet the trailer has at least 3 to 5 more and that makes really heavy load. I don't fancy trying to tow that on a loose surface. But, isn't that what is fun? Building your tractor truck with large reduction rates, having decent amount of power, building and "cheating" the drivetrain to make it - yeah, that sounds fun to me!

Last edited by trewq; 10-30-2016 at 04:12 PM.