View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 08:15 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Eagle new radios

That's the new Flysky i6s. I like the cleaner and more modern design of it, and it's easy to set up. Just uses 4 off AA, small and neat to grip and carry around. there is also a bracket in the kit for mounting a phone, or screen to it, popular for drones. It's 10 ch, vs 9 ch for the old 'bulky' radio TH9x used earlier. The old one function ok too, but the buttons for setup is kind of slow...you have to push quite hard on those buttons to get it going..but that's peanuts)
Main difference is the old radio mainly have 2 way switches, just 1 off 3 way, and there is the 2 pot.meters, without self centering as standard (the one being modified by eagle for track operation, which possible is a bit tricky and expensive. The new radio have 2 off 2 way switches, 2 off 3 way, 2 off self centering pot.meter rollers on the top of the radio, which is ideal for track operation of an excavator. Just have ripped out one of those FH9x that came with a excavator I purchased, not rc4wd, and installed the i6s. They had not done any modification to the potmeters for track operation, as Eagle does, and it was just hopeless to control the tracks without any self centering rollers. To get more easy and precise track operation, one need a expensive radio with 3D sticks IMO, at like x10 of the cost of i6s, which is $60-70. Naturally there might be other reasonable priced radios with self centering rollers, that I'm not aware of)

Last edited by Rimrock; 05-08-2017 at 08:28 AM.