View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chinese Liebherr 956 & Volvo EC 210BLC

I've ordered 3 off Liebherr 956 from e-model store at alibaba in 2017, on behalf of some customers of mine. Used a Visa card, no problems with payment and shipping, arrived 3 weeks after payment. There is a guy, Paul, good english, no communication problem. When it comes to quality of the products, well, it's like you get what you pay for. The 956 is a more simple model than the 946, which is more detailed and more advanced hydraulics. Possible at same level as RC4wd volvo 360, at least concerning details)
At about 2000 USd incl shipping for the 956 (there is a CAT and Komatsu 270 with same technical spec, hydraulics) I knew that the hydraulics possible would not last for long. I was thinking to scrap the hydraulics at once, but we decided to just leave it and run as long as it would last. Cylinders ok. Pump & valve block is the problem here. One machine lasted about 1 month before breakdown, maybe 5-6-7 hours runtime I guess, another one lasted from April to September, don't know how many hours, maybe like 15-20. 3'rd one I have not gotten any response, possible not used as much as the other ones, but it's just a matter of time I get a call I guess All buyers where made aware of that at 2K USD, this was about the cheapest you could get, and one should not have too high hopes. I didn't wanted to replace a pump lasting just 10 hours, with another one lasting 10 hours anyway, even if it was for free. Well, I actually in the start had some hopes for the hydraulics to last a year or 2, but no That's the pump/tank unit sold seperately on e-model. Valve block not offered there seperately, but I might find a picture if anyone interested. Well, those 2 machines that broke down now got Premacon hydraulisc, at 1000 USD, so total cost about 3000. Otherwise the structure and rest of the machine was fine, it's the hydraulics that still have a way to go... The 946 seems a better machine than the 956 I have described. but buying a Chineese excavator in the 2-3-4K segment, you probably sooner og later have to test your skills as a mechanic) To think otherwise will be naive. but, they are developing, possible getting better and better.

Last edited by Rimrock; 11-10-2017 at 12:13 PM.