View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Trailer Tips and Tricks

I use 10/32 in all of my builds but the dump trailer and it is 3/8 fine thread. The dump trailer was my first screw drive and I did not think about the fact that the sliding block would carry the load and the all thread just had to move it. All of my screw drives push from back to front. For gear reduction my traler is 32:1 with a 65 turn 540 lathe motor the two dump trucks are 50:1 carson gearmotors and the dump pup trailer is a black & decker $10 screw driver from Wall-Mart.

Travis

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Travis This question is directed your way. First thanks for starting this thread ,as there's going to be lots of question coming your way. First one is, You seen to have used lots of different all thread sizes, does that depend on the load weight or the length of stroke for the slider. What rpm gear drive and torque power seems best. Whats the best lift action, to push from the front to the back, or back to front. That's it for now. Thanks

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11