View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 02:28 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Only way to find out if the air tanks would fit with the shorter fuel tank is to try ..

A quick move of the supports and install of the needed pieces

Dropping the shorter tank in place

Looks very tight. (The sides are not completely clipped on because too difficult to get them back off otherwise)

Originally the air tanks are to go underneath the battery box that no longer fits due to the V8 exhaust.

In the V8 exhaust kit there was a holder to use for the battery box and tanks. There are plenty of holes so it should fit to the frame and hold the airtanks

However the thickness of the screw heads and the holder make it too tight. The front fender is also not straight down but has a curve towards the rear into it, so the space gets narrower near the bottom.

The air tanks would fit if I bolt them to the side panel of the fuel tank. Can easily be done, but I think it would look rather weird. Will have to think about this ...

While I was looking and "pondering" noticed that the supports don't really line up

Sorted that by using longer bolts and putting a nut between the support and the frame as a spacer. I will either shorten the long screws before painting or replaces them with more suitable ones so doesn't look so odd

Could also bolt the air tanks to the front fender bit, but that is die-cast and only held in place with 2 bottles ... might break off at the support. Will see what I do.

I test fitted the longer tank with the sides and that too is a very tight fit between the front and rear fender.