View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 12:22 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Top speed is suppose to be 36mph, but I have after market tires on it that are quite a bit wider & a bit taller, according to the GPS top speed is 42mph. I spray full throttle in 4th gear, speedometer on console says 18mph, GPS says 22.4mph.

It's gonna take a few drought yrs to make all that water go away. Last two summer's rainfall accumulations have been 18inch each yr. I took these pics yesterday, the water level currently is a bit lower than last Spring judging by the shoreline, but Spring runoff might not be done yet.

Kent, I did have 150 head beef cows, mostly red Angus until Dec 2011 when I had a herd dispersal.

The Raven computer has an auto rate controller that will match the correct volume of water/chemical to whatever speed I'm travelling. Most of the spraying I do is 5.9us ga/ac, some chemicals require 10us ga or I'll spray either liquid fertilizers up to 13us ga/ac or foliar fertilizers up to 8us ga/ac. A change in speed, the rate controller will open/close a valve to match the volume needed & will also vary the water pressure too almost instantly, maybe a 1 to 3 second delay depending on how sudden the change in speed.

The auto steer is a seperate controller, but it is tied into the primary monitor.

Yes, whatever is painted green is what has been sprayed. There is a few other colors too, red will appear when the volume drops more than 20% below target, usually when the tank is nearly empty & sump sucking air occassionally. Purple when volume is 20% heavy, usually when I have to slow down suddenly to cross a washout. I have auto shutoff, the boom is split up into 5 sections, when 100% of 1 section is on the green, that section will shut off automatically, keeping overlap to an absolute minimum. For headlands I have the shutoff delay at 0sec & turn on 4sec advanced, I don't want any misses.

Joe