View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 09:57 PM

Fury Fan is on a distinguished road
Default Fury Fan's foibles and follies - homebrewed and crude!

Now that I've figured out what photo-site I want to use, it's time to stop lurking and post some pictures. These will cross some category lines, but I'm mostly a semi-truck guy, so I'll be putting it here - at least the miscellaneous stuff I've built in the past few years. Future stuff will get more-dedicated build threads?

So it all started with a Tamiya Hornet, and then a Frog, back in the mid-80s. A few years ago I stumbled across a re-issue Frog on Amazon, had been built by a guy during recovery from a leg operation. Got it for around kit price, but had extra tires and some other goodies (now that I'm older, time is precious, so a built kit was a big savings).

Having just a Frog wasn't sufficient, so I devised a crude little trailer for the kiddos to carry Lincoln Logs with. the wheels were used from my parts stash from my orig RC cars from almost 30 years ago. (!) No suspension (not called for), crude axle and bushings, and spent a little more effort maiking a tongue for it. A drop-in tailgate rounds it off.

I was kinda pleased to find a PVC pipe fitting that was near-perfect for fenders for this size tire - I cut it in half, cut it down, then rounded the 2 bottom corners. Now I can't remember where I bought it, and haven't been able to find it on Google either. I want to get a few more. The little flange-lip is probably pretty good clue for what it is - if anyone can ID it, I'll be grateful!

Last edited by Fury Fan; 01-27-2018 at 10:37 PM.