View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth T880-Aluminum cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT880wayne View Post
I currently drive a 2015 KW T880 dump truck and come across your pictures while I was online. What would it take to have a complete cab and all built or even a complete truck? That's if your even considering building these for people. And if so what about the dump boxes? I would like to have a replica of my current work truck built. I could even supply all kinds of pictures.

This truck your building looks fantastic!

Wayne
Well I certainly could use some more pictures!lol Especially of the fenders. I have only seen one of these trucks locally but I've never got a good look at it. It hauls fuel around to gas stations at night and is locked in a compound during the day. It is also nearly a two hour drive from my house so seeing it up close in person hasn't been an option. I wish that it was because I really need to see it up close with my own eyes in order to fix all the screw ups on my cab. The truth is I don't really know if I am close or way off. It is hard to tell from internet photos. I don't think I would ever try to produce anything like this as a regular sales item. For one, I don't think it is good enough(yet) and the amount of hours in it already would make it too costly(I think). If I get this one right and someone wanted it, I would probably sell it though.

I appreciate the kind words also Wayne and would like to see pictures of your truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_duty View Post
That truck looks incredible. It looks rugged and ready for whatever you can throw at it.Keep it going and I cant wait to see more.

ED
Well thanks to reading both of your comments, I put this back on the bench this afternoon after I finished a customer project. I didn't get a lot done but I did manage to weld in a cab mount right behind the grill and get started on the flatdeck. My original plan was to make this a tri-drive but the more I look at it the less I like that idea. What do all of you think? I guess It's appearance will change a little once I make tanks and other details but I think the tri axle makes it look short even though it isn't.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts...

Thanks for looking!