View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Green Horn

DieselKid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoranWraith View Post
Those tail lights are spot on. Is that styrene tube or rubber around the lenses?
Well thanks, but honestly I'm not too proud of them....if you could seem them closer you'd see that I fogged them accidentally by excessive glue application.

The "grommets" were replicated using small rubber o-rings from the plumbing section at Lowe's if I remember correctly....may have been one of the other big box hardwares but they're easily found wherever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZracingRC View Post
Where did you get those tail light lenses? By the way lookin great!
For this applicaton I actually used some transparent red PVC sheet from my local hobby shop and just cut a long piece that would slide behind the holes and simulate multiple lights.

But Garden Trucking also makes some red transparent lenses that also would work just fine as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanker yanker View Post
I CANT FIND THEM TRUCKS ANY WERE its pissen me off. since al's farm toys left the mega mall (prick land lord) i dont see them.
As Sonoran has mentioned 3000 toys is a great place to source them...they offer flat rate shipping ($7.95 if I remember correctly) which comes in handy.

Also keep an eye out on ebay...that's where I keep my eyes peeled, especially for what I like to call "scratch and dent" trucks.....since I mainly utilize the chassis for making trailer subframes and cheap tag axles I usually just turn around and sell the cabs, dump bodies, etc. which eliminates some of my input cost.....not to sound too Wall Streetish.

Wow, Al's Farm Toys...that brings back some memories of my first Mega Mall experience back in like '94 if I remember correctly....think Mom/Dad still have a picture of me out in front of Al's. Sad to hear they left....I also remember the Lego store being quite the place as well....but I better stay on topic.

Hope this helps,
-Alex

Last edited by SonoranWraith; 09-05-2010 at 12:23 PM.