View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CrackerBox Test Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by up9018 View Post
Very Nice, Always been a fan of a crackerbox.
Thank you, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Awesome little truck you know Im a fan of the cracker box. I talked with Travis and he pointed me to this same tranny for my new one. I have not got it in yet but I like how you have your very nice work.
Thanks Paul, since I don't have a mill readily available I decided to break the bank (a whole 4.99) and buy one of the mounts that Servocity sells for these motors and use it as a pattern for the crossmember I mounted it to.
As far as the Crackerbox goes I wish I would have known that. I would have stuck with my original plan and cut up a globe cab to put on and let you do the Box justice . This was just a kick around test chassis that originally wasn't going to see the light of day and wasn't even going to have a cab.......but I couldn't stop there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Great looking build so far! That motor and tranny set up is so clean and simple, I'll never use a Tamiya 3 speed set up again!
Just imagine the power you could pack in that cracker box if you went with a lipo

Oh, and is the driveshaft built yet?
Yeah I just haven't pulled the trigger on lipos yet, if I had a Foxville to play in I'd probably be there by now but the cost and everything to support them just to play a couple times a year isn't worth it, that being said I was shopping and found a 12v NiMH, now if I could find a decent ESC that will handle it and the hobby fund can support I might think about it!

The drive shaft was started, finished and installed about 15 minutes after I posted that and I was tired and quit since I grabbed the wrong bit and over drilled the front cross by .10 mm. , for those who don't Know the shafts on these geared motors are 6mm. This is the first time I've been back in the shop.

When building my shafts I use the method that Tamiya Cowboy posted, Thanks Paul! It's a sticky in the Mechanical tech section. I use Traxxas parts and brass tube due to local parts availability, but the construction methods are the same.
If you have all the parts they go together quite fast. I think I have maybe 30-40 dollars total in ALL the shafts I have in 3 trucks that includes the 6x6.

Thanks Mario, good hearing from you.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...read.php?t=708

Thanks guys!