Thread: 1:50 Dragline
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:50 Dragline

Made some really nice progress today on the dragline! I machined down another pinion gear, went up one tooth to 19T to take up some slack in the mesh. I also pinched down the sleeve that the drive shaft runs in to take out some slop. This has completely smoothed out the slewing.

Rewired the battery and plug in socket so I can plug into the RX or unplug and use an adapter to charge. So I won't need to remove the battery for charging. I may still remove it and put back the balance plug that I removed.

The BIG thing I did today to improve operation was went to the hobby shop and bought a new DX6i and a small 4ch RX. The 4ch RX fits really nice in the cab!

I tried the two sticks up and down (throttle and elevator) but was not happy with the throttle stick. There does not seem to be any rate control or centering on the throttle stick.. So, I changed the drag drum to use the rudder channel instead. That way I get centering and can slow down the rate! Sure wish they had rate control on the throttle like all the other channels!

It is supposed to be a bit nicer here Sunday so stand by for some outside video! I practiced on the indoor dirt pile and thought I was doing pretty good work. Can't wait to get outside tomorrow! Gona have to find some material to load!

Here is a picture of the backyard yesterday! The snow did finally melt today from all the rain!

Jim