View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

That's what the plan is so far, pump to be housed in side tanks. I was going to eliminate a valve by using two pressure release valves. One on each line. When hoist reaches top or bottom prv will kick in if I don't stop pump. And hoist will be controlled by direction of pump. Basically be two loops and a cylinder in between. (Again that redneck physics kickin in) lol!!!

After eyeing this for a while I'm pretty sure I should move the pin at end of hoist , the one attaching to dump bed, closer to hoist hinge. To me it is too far and just going to create more force to lift. I could do the math and figure what force would be needed on the cylinder to lift X amount of weight , but no fun in that!!! As it is this type of fulcrum isn't really efficient but it is compact. And the further that bed pin is the harder to lift. But I have it as is and can do some tests (will video ) to see how she works before having to do all that relocation. A touch complicated to get all lined up!! I have one of those little magom pumps and I don't know what condition it's in. Have to get to work on plumbing the lines for cylinder.