View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 06:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Thanks steve-I was thinking that lining those bearings up with the walking shaft would be kinda tricky but I'm guessing you know how to do that. I wouldn't have a clue about that. Judging by your pictures it's gonna look great!!
The bearings are not that hard to align. One of the pillow blocks on the interior didn't work so well because the deck flooring has never been cut and installed in that area so I left the bronze insert out. Actually now that a few years have gone by and all the walking it's done, the bearings have wore in up some. The big problem there is I need the make the walking gear parking brake. If you notice in some of my pictures or videos I have a wooden wedge shoved into the big walking bull gear locking it in the "High Cam" position for digging. If I'm not paying attention it comes loose and the shoes fall down and next thing you know the trailing cable is getting rubbed or the whole tub is spinning instead of the house.