Thread: Unit Cable Hoe
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Unit Cable Hoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
SmallHaul-I will enjoy watching this build! These old machines are my main interest. Do you have any worries over the hi amp draw you will be putting on the servos for track drives? I didn't think servos would handle much continous load.
Well, here is what I am thinking... The crowd drum on my doepke dragline has enough power to fairly easily pull the entire crane up hill on (free wheeling on its wheels) and that is one 200oz inch servo. So, I figure if I have one 200oz inch servo on each track that should be more than enough power to propel the entire crane up a steep hill. Worst case scenario is the 200oz inch servos are not strong enough and then I'll just have to swap them for Hitec 7955tg servos (well over 300oz inches of torque @ 6volts) that cost $100 a piece. I have one of these servos in my Mack dump truck running the dump mechanism and the servo has so much power that even if you overload the bed with dirt the servo doesn't even sound like it is working hard to lift & dump it.

"No load is too Small"