Thread: Volvo EC300D
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Volvo EC300D

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Looking better with each picture-should make a great model. I really like the scratch builds. I have to chuckle a bit when I read about someone who has bought a kit and has to drill out some holes and complainng about how much trouble they are having getting it put together. If they only knew how much work goes into a scratch build. Oh well, I guess it's good that kits are available for those who don't want to build.
Thanks

There really is a huge amount of work that goes into these scratch builds. I started my first scratch build about 12 months ago and I couldn't tell you how many hundreds of hours I've put in on the four machines and their detail isn't even that great compaired to most. Building these models has helped get me through the worst period of my life too. I really like the build process so I would and will, buy more equipment to make the job easier for the next one. I don't have anything against kits I just have been raised by "do it yourselfers" if you will and enjoy the challenge of making something from nothing!

Thanks again to anyone who appreciates the effort