View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 08:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What's the diff ?

Normal interval for a mid ship rebuild on a loader this size is 30,000hrs. If all the machine does is feed or load processed material usually means just pins and bearings need to be replaced. If it works hard in a open pit digging blast rock or slag pile like the steel plant, then things need line boring also.

This machine in the shop is by far the worst I've ever seen as I drove it around the yard and into the shop it felt like somebody was under the cab hitting it with a 20lb sledge as hard as they could! Talk about " feeling it in the seat"

The owners of this machine obviously do not believe in proper maintenance and operation ( can't blame them when you consider the environment it works in ) I noticed steer stops are way out of adjustment. Frame has slammed into the stops on one side and not the other. Never suppose to have hard contact between the frames, when you do, ruins the center pins a lot quicker.
Things are shot and will need line boring for sure, along with steer cyl pin bores.

They let it go way too long.....all about production right, can't shut it down ....well, it's down now and going to cost a whole lot more than just pins and bearings.