View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 07:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Tonka RC, my way

Well..........having an old Emaxx 3406 ( I think that's the chassis version I used) laying around, & wanting an RC Tonka truck, I hastily threw this thing together.

First I cut the Tonka chassis off. I selected the highest straight line I could, & still remove the stock wheels.

I started with this bracket, times 2 The front one bolted onto the stock body mount. I shaved off the nubs that would normally poke through the body, then bolted this to the front stock mount. The one for the rear, as will be seen later, was mounted slightly differnt.

The body pivots forward to easily change batteries, of other maintenance that may need performed.

The rear mont, I didn't take good pivtures of it................BUT there IS a stock plastic body mount there, that the Tonka body rets on to control body ride height. NOTE: THE SECOND custom bent aluminum peice is mounted slightly differently I mounted it through the holes that the plastic body mount is secured with.

There is a self tapping sheetmetal screw that secures the rear of the body to the chassis

All buttoned up, & ready to play with the nephews.

I DID have to cut a bit off the front fenders, for clearance issues. NOT sure if it shows in the pics very well.

Thrown together from stuff I had laying around the house. I've seen others that have gotten fancier than have I. For me, I didn't want to spend $$ for parts, when I could throw it together with what I had alrady.