View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 03:40 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Ertl Ford 7710 Tractor

My mechanic said he'd learned some new swear words and was eager to try them out. Well the best thing i know of to air out some nice long streaks of swears is either Farm Equipment or General Motors vehicles.

He sent a helper off to go grab the used 7710 we picked up when looking at farm trucks.

This one came apart a little strange, but i believe it's common for the type.

Start by cutting all the stickers at the parting line.
Rear axle rod has a pushnut on one side, somehow a grinder and punch got involved.
There was a pushnut and rod holding the ROPS, and another an suitcase weights, they weren't too bad.
There were a couple more rods hidden under stickers that need gently lifted so you can save them.
There are a couple 1 sided body rivets camoflaged so they might just be details that actually need drilled

Looks like it'll need a pair of gearmotors in the back, some kind of adapter hub. Scratch build a brass straight axle, with suspension pivot. Probably some fender headlights, rear work light, yellow blinky lights to slowly annoy traffic.

Maybe a better looking Drawbar or a 3-point hitch?
Is there much cool a PTO would let me do that a motor in the implement wouldn't do better?
Are dual esc Cutting Brakes worth bothering with?

Guess i'm going ta have to come up with a plan before he reads any more new words he wants to try out...