View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Espeefan's slow motion Peterbilt Heavy Hauler build

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I appreciate it! It keeps me going. So how about an update?

The weather has been unusually warm, so it's hard to spend time inside, working on the Wedico. We hit 79 degrees today, and it's not even April yet. Normally, even in April, there is still snow on the ground, with some 30 degree temps, but it already feels like summer. Anyhow, I was having a hard time finding the movitation to work on the Wedico, but I pushed on, and got some back. Nothing like machining up some parts, and seeing some form of progress take shape. That was enough to get me going again, and I really hope to get this truck finished by the end of the year?!? Ha, we'll see.

So one thing I have been wanting to do is build some aluminum tool box steps for the truck, like these -

Here is what I've got so far -

There going to go on the truck something like this -

I intend to run the fuel tanks under the cab, instead of the more typical place, behind the cab. I've got a plan for making some nice tank saddles and tank steps, but first, I want to finish these tool boxes.

Now the really fun part is I intend to make the steps and tread plates for these tool boxes, and see through. I had fun drilling out 57 holes, per top tread plate. I haven't even gotten to the actual steps yet! I am in need of some small screws, to bolt it all together. I'm thinking 0-80 screws. They are a little smaller then the 2mm screws I have been using. Bolting everything together will be a little tedious, but it's the only way I'll have the detail of individual pieces, made into a complete tool box. It should be fun!