View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: painting the frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Paul, just a hint, you do not want to use dish soap or any other liquid soap that is meant to be used where contact with a humans hands is likely.. They have lanolin in them and that will cause fish eye's in the paint job.

Just an FYI
-Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losiassociated View Post
well said Dreamweaver,I use a red scotch bright to paint mine and I paint the whole thing as a unit.
Greg

Right I know that one step ahead of you there I ran a body shop for a number of years there are still soaps out there that are good old fission hard on your skin soaps.. Plus I never paint anything with out wiping with prep solvent before i spray any primer. LOL not my first rodeo I spray for a living everyday. Greg I also use red scotch bright but if you are not washing or using a final prep before primer you will have issues just wait just like using that crap squad puddy or real bondo brand body filler it you are not buying quality filler you will have issues there are only 2 company's in the about body world that make filler that they warranty against shrinking 100% read close I see a lot of guys making this mistake also.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tamiya Cowboy; 10-24-2010 at 08:30 AM.