View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 03:32 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Hi Prop, going to take some time before this one is finished ... for some reason I can't seem to find time to work on it. And I will have to take the whole lot apart again for painting too. All good fun though.

=========================

Today had some time to work on the cabin ... well give me one of those new Mercedes cabins any day ... the MAN needs way more tweaking with loosening and tightening screws to line things up.

Here some pics. Forgot to take some of the front piece but since the left door is acting up, I have to redo that side so will try to remember to take pictures of that part.

Assembled the doors. The magnet is glued in place.

On both doors I replaced the lower M2x4 countersunk screw with a M2x6. The M2x4 didn't seem to go deep enough. The arrow points to the galvanised one that will serve as a lock with the magnet.

Both done

Glue in the little side windows with 2 component glue, wait for it to set and stick on the black outline stickers.

Forgot to take the pics of the small black sticker that goes on the door frame.

The front part attaches to the side parts same way as on the AROCS with cast holes that fit the hexagonal nuts. (will take pictures of that when I check why the door on the left is acting up)

Different is this piece that connects the front to the side and at the same time acts as support for the interior of the cab. The 2 pins for the front cabin lock were already installed.

A quick test fitting

Manual states to first do the side panel ...

And then the angled piece. Tightening those allen bolts is an exercise in patience.

Both sides installed. When all screws tightened, the left door pops open ... I guess I will have to remove some paint where the bottom hinge is captured in the provided slot of the front piece. Already got the paint of the bottom hinge which was a small improvement on the fit.

Front view on the chassis. Will have to adjust the angle of the bumper once I got the roof and back of the cabin installed.