View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 08:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Less help now a days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Most ppl nowadays only have a phone for internet access, and this place aint real handy to use with a phone & transfer pics from a photo host site... it's been a burr for many ppl for yrs not to direct upload like you can on FaceBook, pics & vids. Currently this forum cost about $500/yr as is to keep it turned on... buying more and more photo storage could easily surpass 10x that in short order, it's just too expensive to be a consideration... so many ppl left 3yrs ago when photobucket change their user policy from free to subscription... screwed up the forum big time with many missing photos.

A lot of the ppl that started this place 10yrs ago are either not in the hobby anymore or doing a lot of less of it. What's on FaceBook is many newcomers looking info on the cheapest rcs available. Those that would be considered veterans there are all buying china rcs & spending their time discussing where to buy, how to fix 'em... not much for scratch builders of construction equip there other than 3D printed parts & electric drive.

Plus it's summer time, why are you not outside?
Joe is very correct. Facebook is the biggest issue BUT Facebook is worthless for builds only good for staged picks. The other big Issue for me is the photo sharing thing is a pain now adays every since Photobucket pulled there fast one no board has been the same all boards have taken a hit to Facebook and it stinks.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.