Thread: Unit Cable Hoe
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Unit Cable Hoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
SmallHaul-I used the servo city sprockets on my shovel and they worked great but I did also use their chain so I guess that explains the problem you had. Their servo sprockets were the only ones I could find that were small enough to get the ratio correct. Enjoying watching this build.
Thanks Modelman, I believe there chain will fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
Nice solutions on the drive. Wish I built smaller so servo could be used. Maybee some day....
Servo city, is that a supplier??
Dan
I only used the servos because the hoe is small & light (probably less than 6 lbs when complete). If I had the room and needed more power I would use a 200:1 geared motor on each track and esc's. But, I am making the undercarriage all one rc unit...meaning there will be a (4 cell 500mah) battery pack and a separate receiver just to run the drive. That way there is no electrical connection between the crane/house and the undercarriage.

Yes, Servo City has some nice unique servo related items that you can't get/find anywhere else. Adapters, sprockets, reduction units, aluminum arms...

"No load is too Small"