View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LR634 is HERE!!!!! Tracked loader

Back in December, while waiting for my hydraulic fittings from Premacon, I wanted to work on the LR634 and decided to finally wire in some lights.

I had some 5050 size leds that I had bought for this purpose back in 2014. They are a perfect fit. I used enameled wire soldered to the leds. Then popped the lights into the enclosures and installed the lens and secured it with MEK.

I used a resistor calculator online to find the right resistor, I ended up using two resistors in parallel to get very close to the recommended resistance. Found them in an old power supply. I put copper tape around them because they were getting hot, my resistors are a bit undersized.

For the dual lights in front I shaved down the stepped dowel part that goes into the roof because I didn't like how far down they hung from the roof. I didn't shave them down in the back, wish I had. I made a "box" out of some corrugated copper sheet, glued it inside the cab and soldered everything together . I used some hot glue to attach the wire that runs inside the corner down to the body.

I have it hooked up to a switchable on/off 6v BEC.

I received my fittings from Premacon two weeks ago, just don't feel like working on the LR634, so maybe in May i'll get working on it. For now I've just been playing with a 1/10 Axial Yeti RC car.

Last edited by avel; 03-11-2017 at 11:53 PM. Reason: fixed pictures