View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 03:38 AM

Trucker47 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let The Build Begin!

ihbuilder - thanks for the idea! I think im gonna bo with Lil Giants idea and run another valve and some cylinders versus a servo. I think from what you guys have told me it will be better off. Yea solidworks is awesome and the student discount is even better!! $150 . What CAM software are you using? Is there a plug-in available for it? When i first got my cam program i was having all sorts of problems even to where i couldn't import a part then i got the Solidworks Plugin and i have not had a problem yet

Lil Giants - I originally didn't run hydro's because i didn't know how easy or hard the valves where gonna be to machine but for one reason or another i never really thought about the torque needed to turn this machine (brain fart ) Okay i'll if i can get some brass tomorrow when i head to out local metal shop. Right now they are 1/4in carbon steel as that is all i had. When i get near completion i think i will get some stainless but for now ill settle with this steel so if i ruin a shaft by accident i can just go grab another piece. Any recommendation on a reduction rate? I am planning on running the same hydro pump as the RC4WD 4200xl Earth digger and the same motor it has.

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it as I don't exactly know how to make these hydraulics work perfectly Just one more question though how much friction should there be for the shaft to move up and down? My piston seals seam to be very tight and im just wondering how tight is to tight?

Thanks!
Chris