View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 10:11 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

HAH! my dad has had a few of them wrecks over the yrs, he smoked some oats of mine one yr spraying a wild oat herbcide in wht & the small oat field right next to it, sprayed it all... the last to be sprayed for the season & he was thinking about his 5day break at the cottage instead of what he was doing.

I've seen the neighbors' mishaps over the yrs too... I'm only on my 3rd yr spraying, no screw ups yet for me.

So I think I have my machine figured out now, burned through 5 tanks of water... I don't like this Raven Smart Trax auto steer, it's really a step down from the Outback as to how it works, it's gonna take some getting use to.

I loaded with chemical for my brown mustard when the skies finally cleared about 3pm today, 1st tank went well, the start of the 2nd tank the machine lost power & fault code appears @5:10pm... isn't the way?! Phone the dealership, everybody gone, except that one guy who doesn't know anything about my machine.

It's really a nice evening to be spraying too...

However, that one guy suggested it might a clogged fuel filter the way it's behaving... brand new machine, possibly some plastic shavings from factory installation, add on the bio diesel from the states that the machine started out with & the algae problems that can come with that...

What really burns my chaps when shyt like this happens... the longest days of the yr right now, could start @4:30am, virtually no wind - perfect sparying conditions but gotta wait till 8:30-9am for service 1st. By the time I get it going the wind will be howling! lol

Joe