Thread: Scania 8x8 dump
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Journeyman

plow jockey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scania 8x8 dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
Those black CNC milled axles from Lesu are the most durable one can get for 1:Tamiya according to my opinion. I have opened quite a lot different type axles. In my region those are the standard for construction trucks when it come to replace original Tamiya axles. In general, stay away from the yellow/light blue ones sold at rc4wd, among others, which are quite bellow in quality, but not so different in price, from the Lesu ones.
It goes with the saying. You get what you pay for. These are top notch for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
Nice truck. Should be hard to get that one stuck.:-)
Thanks. Be fun trying.
Sealing the lesu tanks that have caps on each end that leak.

Drain the oil out.

loosen the set screws that hold the end caps on and remove end caps.

Clean the inside of the tank and both end caps well with rubbing alcohol.

Using clear silicone caulking place a bead of it all around each end cap over the rubber O-ring and push the end cap back on.

If you put enough silicone on it you will have silicone that oozed out the edges of the tank that can be wiped off using rubbing alcohol. Remove the excess silicone right away and it will all come off nicely. Let the tank sit over night. It won't leak again.
Havent checked to see if it leaks yet. [still moving] That's the first thing I will do if it does thanks for the tip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
When one see in general what junk have come out of Asia regarding RC machinery the last years, this 8x8 truck seams surprisingly well built, with many high quality parts. I am actually surprised, positively. Hopefully they will continue on this path, and we will see more trucks that are much more value for money than the Scalearts
I'm very impressed and pleased with mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1210 View Post
one thing you guy didn't notice about this truck is its dual steering need an adjustment, I still can't find a good solution for that. Anyway I'm very happy with it.
There should be adjustments on the drag link or tie rods.