View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 6x6 Medium Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by huber1918 View Post
Awesome Build! Cannot wait to see the progress! Gives me some ideas for my Globe Liner.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Check out posts 42-44 in the link below to see what I did, if you look close you'll see that I took the lower rear case screw off the transmission. You will have clearance issues if you don't lift the trans mission which will be the case with any t-case you use. I'm not a fan of the Tamiya 3 spd due to its space sucking size, so this one is going away soon. You might also notice the spring pack on my steer axle . The extra height was in my favor but not so much in yours.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...?t=9138&page=3
I see what you mean about raising the tranny. Looks like clearance for the driveshaft would still be tight at full bump, but I won't be jumping this thing so maybe that's not a big deal. Ha! Do you have any more pics of how you put together your front suspension? Is that a TLT in there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyk View Post
That ride height addition is what turned me off from doing the 6x6 on my Mack build

Yours is looking very good! Nice work man
Thanks! I'm trying to keep the ride height within reason, but fully expect it to be noticeably taller than a stocker. I'm thinking maybe 3/4" or so, but the Lesu tires may be taller which may raise it more. Not really sure how their diameters compare to the stock Tamiya tires.