View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 02:41 PM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Graupner Radios, Hand held and Tray

Lynn, thank you for the reply. Yes, I have been happy with my Spektrum radios, but they are the "Park Flyer" style and I haven't been able to update them, the batteries keep going on them, and they are only 6 channels. I keep thinking I would prefer more channels, to add more functions. Which the combination of the Tamiya MFU and my current radios is limiting me. So that's also what prompted me to begin looking at options for the radios. Due to my recent health issues, I'm not as mobile as I used to be, so I think I'd be sitting more than I used to. Also, currently I can not have anything hanging on my neck, with the tray style I thought there was/is a shoulder strap/harness that might be easier for me, at least in the near term. Then, there is the desire on my part to add some additional functions to the trucks, the need for more than the 6 channels offered in my current radios.

I did do a comparison of the "Taranis X9E, actually a tray style" and the Spektrum DX18, the later is about double the price. So along with input on type/style of radio I'm also looking for input as to who's had experience with these various radios, good/bad, etc.

So again, I'm looking for an economical solution that will meet my needs of the trucks. I will probably just use the Spektrum DX 6 Park Flyer for the tanks for now.

Thank you again for the response, it was good to hear from you again. Take care, hope to see you at an event soon.

Regards,

Jim