View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Yes I agree with the blade being big, it was modeled after the old coal mine I use to visit, they had a huge dozer with a large carry blade. I also think the lack of traction was how soft the dirt was. If I were to step in the dirt I would have sunk about 4 inches. I lightly dumped that load with our backhoe. Thought was to keep it light and uncompressed. I doubt the weight is an issue, weighing in at 84lbs with one battery. And down at our Riverlot (in previous videos) it is riddled with roots that stop and snag the blade. But this is the first time I've done anything like this so I'll look into where I could add weight if you think it will help. Only problem is it's pretty well balanced and it's gonna be hard to get some more weight say 5#s front and 5#s back. And I will try very hard to get that paint off the blade . Thanks so much for the advise!! I'm still tickled that it turns!!! (Turns on!!! Lol!!)