View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flysky fs-i6 work for us?

I resently bought a FS-I6 & HATE IT! I ONLY bought it because I couldn't fully control the 3 speed Tamiya transmission with my Spektrum DX4. I could ONLY get 2 of the 3 gears to function.

The FIRST trip with the FS-I6, I put brand new duracell batteries in it. Took the King Hauler to the church next door to run in the asphalt parking lot they have. Got everything set up as I liked it, & started to have fun. After about 3 minutes of fun, the LOW VOLTAGE ALARM, for the TX battery went off. This caused the failsafes to activate, stopping the truck. I started to slightly ease off the throttle, (preparing to power down) & the dang thing started to function again. It sent ALMOST FULL throttle to the truck. Truck was STILL in 3rd gear when this happened. The voltage meter on the TX read 5.8V. as soon as the alarm quit sounding, which happened as I started to move the throttle to the neutral position. When the TX sent almost FULL throttle to the KH, it boogered something up. Now when I try to drive it it makes abnormal sounds. Not sure what/where gears are stripped at. I was so disgusted, I placed everything back on it's self. I've yet to tear into it to see what/where the problem(s) are. I HATE the FS-I6, & plan on buying either a Spektrum DX6, or a Futaba radio to use. I'm really leaning towards the Spektrum DX6. I LOVE my DX4, for my simple (By simple I mean FWD/REV, & steering are the ONLY functions I need to have control of) models, but not for running more than 2 channels.